“Unparalleled Discovery” of Ancient Skeletons Reveals First Use of Maize in Mesoamerica
Maize, an ancient food source, was first cultivated in the Maya lowlands around 6,500 years ago. Credit: UNM Almost any grocery store is filled with products made from corn, also known as maize, in every aisle: fresh corn, canned corn, corn cereal, taco shells, tortilla chips, popcorn, corn sweeteners. Maize is perhaps the most important plant ever domesticated by people, topping 1 billion tonnes produced in 2019, double that of rice, according to University of New Mexico Anthropology professor Keith Prufer, Principle Investigator of a team that just released new research that sheds light on when people started eating maize.
- Message From Teymara (September 18, 2021) – Esoteric Atlanta
- Truths Coming Out Worldwide of the True Nature of the Global Situation! – Janine Morigeau
- Michelin’s Airless Passenger Car Tires
- Division or Unity? You Decide. – Amanda Ellis
- ET’s & Americans Work Together in Mars Underground Base